The Leadership Slidell Alumni Association was formed in 1991 by graduates of the inaugural class of Leadership Slidell in order to continue the camaraderie and community stewardship experienced throughout their year of leadership development. During the 2007 - 2008 fiscal year, the Board of Directors voted to rename the organization The Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association (LSNAA).
The purpose of the Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association is to:
- Develop a network of Leadership Slidell / Leadership Northshore program graduates
- Offer support to current class members and alumni of the Leadership Slidell / Leadership Northshore program
- Continue "leadership education" of alumni by featuring speakers on important local, state, and national issues, programs or activities
- Establish a resource pool to assist with community needs and provide our members with opportunities for service
Congratulations to the 2019 Alumnus of the Year:
The Board of Directors of the Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association desires to recognize alumni of the Leadership Slidell/Leadership Northshore program who has served the Association during the program year by displaying outstanding leadership abilities while carrying out a special project or program of the Association.
The person selected for this award will have been entrusted with the leadership of a project or program by the President of the Association and will have carried out that project through exemplary use of his or her leadership talents and resources. Alternatively, the person selected for this award will have made a significant contribution to the Association to further its mission. In the true spirit of leadership, he or she will have enlisted the assistance of other Association alumni to complete the work, will have nurtured the leadership abilities of his or her team by delegation of authority and responsibilities, and will have gained visibility for the Association in the community at large.
The criteria for the award are as follows:
1. Must be a graduate of Leadership Slidell/Leadership Northshore
2. May not be a recipient of the “Pearl Award “for Community Stewardship
3. Must have contributed in an outstanding way to advance the program of the Association
Congratulations to the 2019“PEARL AWARD” for Community Stewardship
The Board of Directors of The Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association established the Distinguished Leadership Award with a resolution in the year 2000, the tenth anniversary of the Leadership Slidell program. The “Pearl Award” for Community Stewardship replaces the Distinguished Leadership Award.
Unlike the original award, which recognized one accomplishment that has greatly enriched the community, the “Pearl Award” for Community Stewardship recognizes individuals who, through their participation in one or more organizations, have made an invaluable contribution to improving our community. They are the very definition of Community Stewards.
They are persons who act with integrity, faith, and confidence on behalf of something that has been committed to their care. They have a sense of stewardship of the community and its resources as a living trust to be preserved and enhanced for the future, and, finally, but perhaps most important, their actions are taken with greater consideration for the common good.
The criteria for the award are as follows:
1. Must be a graduate of Leadership Slidell Northshore Association
2. May not be a recipient of the Distinguished Leadership Award
3. May not be serving on the Board of Directors of the Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association
LSNAA Scholarship Program
The Alumni Association offers one partial scholarship per fiscal year based on financial need. Scholarship application is open to all persons who have been accepted to participate in the Leadership Northshore program. Please be aware that to be eligible for consideration, we may request income verification and proof of any other assistance you may be receiving. Scholarships are not retroactive.
Scholarship requests should be submitted immediately upon acceptance to the Leadership Northshore program.
Scholarship will be rewarded prior to Leadership Northshore opening retreat.
All scholarship recipients must:
- Volunteer at one alumni function during the fiscal year,
- Make a brief presentation at the LSNAA Annual Installation Banquet held in June of that fiscal year,
- Commit to alumni membership for at least one year following successful completion of the Leadership Northshore program.
All scholarship recipients must make a sincere and dedicated attempt to successfully complete the Leadership Northshore program.
LSNAA Grant Program
This program is to allow Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Members the opportunity to request funding from the Leadership Slidell Northshore Alumni Association for the enhancement or continuation of programs initiated within the Leadership Slidell / Leadership Northshore Program. The grant application is open to all active members of the Alumni Association. who have successfully completed the Leadership Program.
Application are due by August 31 of each calendar year.
For questions concerning the LSNAA Grant Program, please email Alumni@LeadershipNorthshore.com
Comfort Inn & Suites of Slidell
Brice Jones & Associates
Northshore Legislative Representatives
FRIENDS OF LEADERSHIP
John and Brenda Case
East St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce
Bill and Sharron Newton
S. Michele Blanchard
COMMUNITY TRUSTEE SPONSOR